How to manage your WordPress Dashboard
If last time we talked about the main menu of your WordPress Blog, today we’ll talk about secondary menu, beginning with “Dashboard” application.
The secondary menu blog is a fairly complex application which includes not only the script of the blog, but also personalize it by font, color and other embedded applications that your blog will look spectacular. This can attract many more visitors than before, and your popularity will increase according to these aspects.
But as we talked last time, your blog’s image show is just an attraction method (attracting the target audience), but the content is what will cause it to return.
a. First section it has two options: “Dashboard” and “Store”.
So let’s talk about what “Dashboard” application contains and how we can use each application.
1. “Dashboard” subunits of the application includes the following:
- “Home” (this is the option that guides you to the start page of the blog), “Comments I’ve made” (this option takes you to the page of comments you’ve done to other blogs);
- “Site Stats” (indicates the number of visitors who viewed your blog);
- ”Akismets Stats” (Akismet is a anti-spam plugin for your blog and in this section, you will find the board with all spams of your blog);
- “My blogs” (if you have multiple blogs, here you can see them);
- “Blogs I follow” (is the application where you can see the blogs you joined their notifications).
Here is a place where you can buy from the web blog website a “Store”, “Premium Themes” (updated themes for your blog), “Domains” (the host space cand give you paid domains you can administrate for yourself and giving to your blog the look that you want), “My upgrades” (here you can customize your blog with the upgrade look) and even “Billing History” (this option gives you the information of your earning amounts).
b. Second section contains “Posts”, “Media”, “Links”, “Pages”, “Comments” and “Feedbacks”.
- “Posts” is the application for articles publication.
- “Media”: Using this application, you can post images and music from your computer, from internet or from your blog saved documents).
- “Links”: Here you have all the links of your blog page which you’ve create them by accessing to polls or any other tools.
- “Pages”: In this place you can find all the pages shortcut.
- “Comments”: As the name title, this is a shortcut for your blog comments.
- “Feedbacks”: This application has three subunits: “Feedbacks”, “Polls” and “Ratings”, that contains messages and statistics where your visitors can support you for your nice blog activity.
c. Third section is consist of “Appearance”, “Users”, “Tools”, “Settings” and “Collapse menu”.
- “Appearance”: Here is the menu where you can customize your blog.
- “Users”: In this panel you can find the options for users of the same blog, if you want that your blog to be administrated by another person or more.
- “Tools”: Here you can find the tools menu.
- “Settings”: This is the settings menu board.
- “Collapse menu”: This page is the place where you can shrink the screen.